Dear Patients and Friends of Cornerstone Health Community,
Our patients’ health and safety is our highest priority – we ARE OPEN for office visits.
We know you are receiving a flood of emails about COVID-19 – but we thought it important that you also hear from your doctor about what we are doing in our office to care for you and your loved ones.
The Cornerstone team has a strong commitment to our patients with chronic health and complex medical conditions.
However – due to the contagious nature of this virus, combined with the scarcity of resources required to safely assess those who are acutely ill, we will NOT be able to provide testing for the COVID-19 virus in our office.
We WILL be able to assist you with your other non-COVID-19 medical and wellness needs.
In compliance with the CDC’s recommendations for social distancing and reducing contact, we have implemented the following plan for our office:
- Please do NOT come to our clinic if you have a temperature of 100°F or higher. It could put other patients at unreasonable risk.
- We can give you information about current criteria to determine if you require testing, including test locations if necessary.
- We can set up a virtual visit for you in many cases, where you can consult with Dr. Mote or our staff via encrypted video on many other issues.
- We are pre-screening all patients via phone for early symptoms related to COVID-19 before scheduling any office visits. (Those with possible symptoms will be directed to a location that can provide appropriate care and testing.)
- We are limiting non-COVID-19 acute sick visits to the afternoons and adding extra time in between each appointment to provide a social distancing buffer.
- Our waiting room is closed. We’ll provide a number to call when you are in our parking lot to check-in, and we will take you directly to your examination room.
- Group Health Classes scheduled over the next 30 days will be conducted through our HIPPA-compliant online platform rather than in our office. We will send you more details on this before the end of the week.
If we are unable to answer your call because we are assisting other patients, please leave us a detailed message. You can be confident that a CHC team member will call you back!
We believe that if we all diligently implement the strategies listed below we can slow the spread of the virus and help protect those among us that are most vulnerable.
The Federal government’s current recommendations include:
- Work or engage in school FROM HOME whenever possible.
- AVOID SOCIAL GATHERINGS in groups of 10 or more people.
- Use Drive-Thru, Pickup, or Delivery options for food, instead of going out.
- AVOID DISCRETIONARY TRAVEL, shopping trips, and social visits.
- DO NOT VISIT nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- PRACTICE GOOD HYGIENE:
- Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
You may also use a bleach solution (1/2 cup of bleach to 4.5 cups of water) as a disinfectant. The solution should be freshly made to be most effective. Apply the bleach solution to surfaces and leave to air dry. Do not use diluted bleach solutions that are over 24 hours old.
As circumstances continue to change, our goal is and will continue to be the protection and safety of our patients and staff. We encourage you to use the following link to check for updates daily:
The Coronavirus will force us all to make changes in order to preserve our health and safety, something most of us take for granted. Please call (720) 452-7420 if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. Christopher Mote, DO
Kyla Conway, PA-C
Moyra Stiles, CNTP
& the Cornerstone Health Community Team